Monday, February 20, 2012

20February2012 Change

Yesterday these daffodils were in full bloom, yellow and white harbingers of an early Spring.  Last night a winter storm dumped an inch of snow and ice on the ground and this morning, as you can see, the blooms retreated.  It's amazing how quickly things can change.  
I've been thinking about how much change we've been through in the last few months.  New home, new job, new family member....it's a lot.  You would think that after all the change that's taken place in our lives over the last couple years we'd be use to change, or at least be able to adjust to it more quickly.  Alas that's not the case.  When it comes to change, I'm horrible at it.  Change comes and I grumble about change, fuss about change, lament change, curse change.  Rare is the circumstance when I embrace change.  But that's exactly who I long to be.  I am, after all, a new creation.  The old is gone, the new is come.  It's a constant transformation from who I was to who He is making me into.  Change!  It's not a bag thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment