Tuesday, October 6, 2009

6October2009 Anchors Away...Or Something Like That

In about 12 hours we should be loaded into vehicles and headed to the airport. The kids are asleep, D is repacking a couple bags and tying up some loose ends and I came in to jot a couple quick notes (and to get away from Mt. Samsonite).
Today was tough. It seems everywhere we went and every person we ran into evoked another set of memories. Tomorrow may be just as difficult with more "see you laters". I guess that's just part of this process.
See you on the other side,
12BF

A couple "through the eyes (mouth) of a child" moments:
1. When hugging one of his uncles Z blurted out, "I sure hope I remember you."
2. After some last minute visits S weepingly whispered, "I just want one more hug from everybody."

1 comment:

  1. I'd like a million more hugs too, S. :) But I'm waiting paitently. Love to all. Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete