Sunday, May 16, 2010

16May2010 Malls may be the Death of me!

What do you do when it's 97 degrees outside?  Why you go to the air conditioned mall of course.  I am not much for malls, I'd rather be kicked in the shin as a matter of fact, but the kids and their mama wanted to go and it was a chance to meet our friends, the A.s, for lunch.
We had a great time, especially at the arcade where S & Z rode a roller coaster and bumper cars and M and A rode the carousel and giant swing, and were on our way out the door when it happened.  The mall, which I've always thought would be the death of me, tried to kill me.  The elevator was too slow so we decided to use the escalators.  S, Z and M got to the bottom and as I was stepping off the blasted thing tried to eat my foot.  The right foot of my favorite, Clark flip flops was sucked into the bottom of that infernal death trap but before my foot, baby-toe first, could be mangled the escalator came to a screeching halt.
It took a crew of workmen just ten minutes to remove my shoe from that sorry contraption but I got it back along with a heartfelt apology from the staff,
I'm pretty sure the whole thing was a conspiracy put together by the shoe stores in the mall.
12bf

1 comment: