Monday, September 20, 2010

20September2010 Journey: P's Perspective

Over the course of our time here I've learned a lot about myself.  It's funny in hindsight to think about this because prior to moving, and maybe this was naivety, my primary desire was to help our new friends and neighbors, leading them to a new or better relationship with their Father.  It seems Dad, in His wisdom, had other plans.  Don't get me wrong.  I've learned a lot about culture and language and faith and life in general but what's really surprised me thus far has been the revelations about myself.  My personality, my gifts, my tendencies, my abilities, my attitudes, my, my, my.  The surprising part is that so much of what I've learned I don't like.  Could it be because when we are pressed or trodden what's on the inside comes out?  Maybe you're like me in that you thought when someone assumes this "profession" they have reached a certain amount of maturity or possibly attained some lofty level.  The truth is and I don't want to shock anyone here, the truth is that we are still just people.  Raw emotions, heartbreaks, stupid mistakes, errors in judgement....people!  
But, now that we're all depressed, let me get to the good part.  Here it is.  Are you ready?  Dad uses folks just like us!  Isn't it funny how when we read the accounts of the Book over and over again the common and even the illogical choice is His preferred tool.  My encouragement to me and quite possibly to you is, don't wallow in those mistakes.  Don't let an argument with your spouse ruin what He has for you today.  Humble yourself, admit you screwed up and get on with it.  Life is in fact a journey and it's not one we take in reverse.  Keep moving forward.  We're right there with you and so is our Father!
12bf

No comments:

Post a Comment