Last summer I reclaimed a couple flower pots a local business was throwing out and rather than discarding the plants they contained we decided to see wait and see what they were. Today that wait is over and as you can see it was worth the wait. Amazing!
It's a new addiction, inspecting items companies or people put out at the road for the garbage truck. Okay so maybe it's not that "new." Years ago, when D was pregnant with Z, we drove past a neighbors yardsale leftovers and I talked D into jumping out of the car to grab a couple archery targets, one of which was a life-size whitetail deer (not one of my finest moments....let's save that tale for another time).
My renewed interest in recycling comes because of our work resettling refugees. I can't recall how many times I've stopped on the side of the road to pickup a sofa or dining room table or television or lamp. Normally, with a little polish or some soap and elbow grease or maybe a dab of wood glue, these items can be used to bless people who arrive in the States with nothing!
Today, as I enjoy this beautiful bloom, I'm reminded that we too are reclaimed. God takes things, lives headed for the rubbish bin, and transforms them into something fragrant, something beautiful! I am so grateful for being reclaimed. All this pain I wonder if I'll ever find my way?
I wonder if my life could really change at all?
All this earth Could all that is lost ever be found?
Could a garden come up from this ground at all?
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us - Beautiful Things by Gungor

No comments:
Post a Comment