Friday, February 27, 2015

27February2015 Appreciation

The first words out of their mouths was a threefold "Whoa!"
Last week, we receive another amazing gift.  Seven inches of snow, with drifts over a foot, blanketed our world.  That's not exactly the image you have of the Middle East.  
The three youngest woke up and walked straight to a window.  "Whoa!" followed by complete silence.  Silence!  In this house?  Silence!
It got me thinking about how I wake up each morning.  Is there any wonder?  Where is the awe?  God's mercies are new each morning but do I live in appreciation?  God help me to follow the example of our children.  Help me to live in a deep and unwavering appreciation of You!

"O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!" Psalm 34:8
"The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:22-23
"One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life..." Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment