He was persistent, you have to give him that. Though small in stature, Zacchaeus
wasn’t one to be dissuaded by physical limitations. Surely his size was no match for his tenacity, he was rich
after all. So, when he heard that
Jesus was on the way Zacchaeus climbed up a sycamore tree and waited. What happened next is one of the
reasons I love this story. As
Jesus walked by Zacchaeus’ perch, He stopped LOOKED up and SAID TO HIM,
“Zacchaeus, come down immediately.
I must stay at your house today.”
Can you picture this?
Jesus, the Son of God, the Messiah, the Creator, Emmanuel stopped
what He was doing, looked up and beckoned the “sinner,” as Zacchaeus was known among
his neighbors, to come down.
That's my God! He doesn't just walk on by us. He doesn't leave us dangling. He calls us to come to Him.
I see myself in Zacchaeus. Short? No. Rich? No. Seeking Jesus? Absolutely. Willing to allow others to stand in my way? May it never be so!
I see myself in Zacchaeus. Short? No. Rich? No. Seeking Jesus? Absolutely. Willing to allow others to stand in my way? May it never be so!

No comments:
Post a Comment