Sunday, January 1, 2017

1January2017 Resolved

Happy New Year! As we look back on 2016 and forward to 2017, what plans, goals or dreams do you have for the next 365 days?  One year from today, January 1, 2018, what would you like to have eliminated or accomplished?  D. isn't a fan but resolutions are a great way of setting a target and periodically evaluating how you're doing.  Want to shed a few pounds?  Want a larger savings account or small credit card balance?  Want to learn a new skill or pursue a new degree?  Want to memorize more Scripture or increase your quiet time?  All of these are good things, some great.  I'll tell you two of mine.  One, I'd love to take more photographs.  As Ferris Beuller said, "'Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it'. Pictures may not slow things down but at least you have some sort of documtation of the journey.
Two, I want to live a life of greater gratitude. So, I'm starting a Thanksgiving Journal (okay, the name's a bit lame but you get the point). Each day I am going to jot a thing or two, or ten, that I am thankful for.  I refuse to wait until the last Thursday of November to express gratefulness.
Right now, as I type these words, I am praying for you and for your 2017.  Remember, without Him we can nothing (see John 15:5 ) and nothing is impossible with God (see Matt.19:26.

No comments:

Post a Comment