Saturday, May 13, 2017
13May2017 Future Gen
We celebrated our wedding anniversary by going our with friends to a charming local restaurant. As we waited in the foyer for a table, I noticed a cluster of framed photos on the wall. Generations of the family who'd lived in the home-now-restaurant looked out upon the room from their black and white settings. As I stared at wedding photos, family portraits, vacation shots, I couldnt help but imagine their lives and their relationships. Most were certainly dead and buried but there on the wall their memories remain and certainly the impact of their lives remain as well.
So does ours. This vapor of a life passes so quickly, even quicker as the birthdays...and anniversaries add up. It seems a bit morbid but that's not the impression I'm shooting for. We have an opportunity to impact those around us, particularly those closest, for both the good and the bad. Our children and the generations that follow can either benefit or their harm, depending upon how we invest in them. Praying for and with them, sharing Scripture and devotion time, loving them in His Name are such an honorable calling. And they are so worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment