Saturday, May 23, 2009

23May2009 Paring Down

While we await the final word about the new job it's been a very busy month cleaning out the house. What a shame to get rid of stuff we have spent so much money on, but how very rewarding to sell, donate and give things away.
Here are some of the steps we've taken to liquidated belongings:
Yardsales - Our first yardsale is under our belts and another is planned to take place in three weeks. Yard sales are labor intensive but can also be a lot of fun. Having complete strangers come to your house and give you money is always a plus.
eBay - She has been selling stuff on eBay for weeks now. The latest casualty is my library. Books have been flying off the shelf and to homes across America via the USPS.
Salvation Army & World Relief - I've got two hefty bags full of clothes sitting in the hall outside our bedroom right now. Every morning, when I get up to workout, I am reminded they're there when I trip over them in the predawn darkness. Hopefully I'll remember to deliver them tomorrow.
Friends - What a great opportunity to give things to buddies! Not only does it show them we're thinking of them but its a great reminder for our friends to pray for us whenever they use or see the item we gave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment