Tuesday, May 26, 2009

26May2009 By the Skin of our Teeth

This morning I read a news article that stated, beginning immediately, due to current economic conditions, the company we interviewed with has initiated a hiring freeze. I called all the folks I knew the numbers for but only got voicemail messages. Finally around 6pm tonight our consultant called and let us know that as far as he knew we were not affected by the freeze. Shew! The sense of relief is immeasurable but my heart aches for other folks stuck in the pipeline.

3 comments:

  1. We had heard the same thing and our immediate toughts went to you guys. Glad to hear that you will not be affected. Great looking blog and we are excited that we will be able to keep up with your adventure. We love you guys.

    Keith and Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks K&P. Just found out this morning that it was even closer than we previously understood. How bittersweet to get the green light while so many are being told "no" or "wait". The good news is He never stops directing or moving and never ceases to work all things to the good.
    bf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd read an email from the company a week or so ago then heard your news today. How convicting that we, here, must STEP UP to share Him now! Do we not have the UN at our fingertips? But then to think we can't send people...how do you not grieve? I would've never meet our sweet friends Y&W! LOVE you all and pray that I'll be journeying along with you (each in our own respective places where He lands us!)!

    ReplyDelete