Friday, June 19, 2009

19June2009 Home Sweet Home

Planted my feet back on US soil this afternoon. So much to type but so little energy (14 hours in a tin can going 500 miles an hour really drains you!) Quick thought: As I walked though JFK and passed by thousands of people from all over the world it occurred to me once again that HE is bringing the world to us. Are we ready? Do we care about their eternity? Do we love them? I was reminded of these words:
"Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
Ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see."
Give me your Eyes by Brandon Heath

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poem! Glad you are back safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've used that song in Body & Soul... the words are amazing!

    ReplyDelete