We were rearranging the furniture in the boys' room last week. Before their bunk bed could be moved we had to get three huge, black suitcases stored under it out of the way. Then there was another blue, rolling Samsonite beside their nightstand that needed relocating. Out of curiosity I checked the other bedrooms and there were, in fact, suitcases in conspicuous locations in each of them. What a way to live! Luggage in every room. I was about to feel guilty for putting our family in this situation, I mean isn't one of the requirements for a healthy childhood deeply planted roots? Then I remembered something our friends, Joel & Robin recently shared with us. In the past 9 years they have moved over 20 times. TWENTY! Surely this resonates with those of us who get facial ticks at the thought of renting a U-haul! As we draw closer to using those suitcases again, and making another move our family is focusing on staying closer, leaning on one another more and being more dependent upon our faith. Besides, are we really ever supposed to feel "at home" here?
No comments:
Post a Comment