Friday, March 4, 2011

4March2011 So Much More

Yesterday I looked out the front door of our apartment and saw a group of teenagers shouting and running down the street.  At first I thought they were chasing a thief (flashback).  I walked out into the garden and saw 15-20 shabbab (young men) screaming and fighting.  As quickly as it started it was over.  Several neighbors were on their cell phones, I assume calling the police and the young men dispersed quickly in different directions.  It was a very surreal experience. 
As I sat down on our front steps, replaying in my mind what had just happened something occurred to me.  We were made for so much more than that.  Humanity, that's each and every one of us, were fearfully and wonderfully created.   Made by precisely determined, carefully thought out workmanship, to do good works also carefully laid out for us.  Why in the world do we trade this promise for anger and impurity and envy and greed and violence and pride?  What a shame.  Today I am praying for our neighbors and friends to know they were made for so much more and that they will come to know their Creator.  But I'm also praying for those of us that know Him.  That we won't treat His gifts lightly and especially that we don't trade Treasure for trinkets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment