Moses is talking with God. THE GOD! The God of his father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. You remember the story. Moses, while tending his father-in-law's sheep in the wilderness, spotted a bush that though aflame was not consumed by the fire. So he goes over to investigate and comes face-to-face with the LORD.
In this conversation God reveals who He is and gives Moses the task of representing Him to Pharaoh and advocating for the release of Israel. What happens in the following verses really endears Moses to me. He makes excuses:
1. "The people aren't going to believe me."
2. "Pharaoh won't listen to me."
3. "I'm a terrible public speaker."
Isn't this precisely what we do. Okay, maybe not you but I sure have. We witness, firsthand, the awesomeness of
the One who has called us, yet we look back at ourselves and say, “Huh-uh! I can’t do it.” IT IS NOT ABOUT US! IT’S ABOUT THE ONE DOING THE CALLING!
Recently I've been struggling with a couple choices God has put before us. In the midst of praying about what to do I have found myself making excuses just like Moses:
1. "They won't accept me."
2. "I won't be effective."
3. "I know who I am and it's not good enough."
God forgive me! Help me Father to take my eyes off myself and put the focus back on You. Thank you for not buying my excuses and for placing Your call on my life and our family. Amen!
And amen!
ReplyDelete