Monday, June 8, 2015

8June2015 Holy Ground



Why I didn’t take off my shoes is real mystery.  Like Moses standing before the flaming shrubbery, my mind had a hard time gaining traction on the reality of what I was experiencing.
For the last three hours I’d sat in the basement room of a conference center, listening to story after story of the work taking place Syria.  How could it be?  Latakia, Damascus, Idlib, Tartus, even Homs and Aleppo.  In the midst of a country spiraling to destruction twenty-seven dear people, no not “people,” but “heroes” continue working in the Name of God.  Every day, with lives placed firmly in the hands of the Father, they walk out their faith.  My faith is cheap.  Theirs cost something! 
For days I’ve sat and looked at this blank page, trying to figure out which stories to share.  I just cant seem to put them down.  Instead, I’ll just implore you to please pray for our brothers and sisters facing unbelievable persecution so they can continue to minister to their neighbors in the middle of the war.  When one part of the Body suffers, the entire Body suffers!

No comments:

Post a Comment