What is that one thing? Maybe there are multiple things but what's the one, primary, encompassing thing? As you think about the calling on your life, as you dream about what the next step is in your faith journey, as your pray through the Father's will for your life, what's that one thing that comes to mind keeping you from going All In?
This morning, as I was on my daily walk, earbuds in place, ipod on play, podcast in progress, I heard some words that reverberated across my conscience, pricking my rather short attention. Chuck Swindol was speaking about a passage in Isaiah, chapter 6 to be more precise, and he drew his bead on the prophet's commissioning.
Isaiah is in the middle of grieving the loss of his friend, Uzziah, and the LORD opens heaven allowing him a peek into the throne room of God. As he looks and hears and experiences the awesomeness that's taking place, Isaiah is wholly impacted. But he doesn't join in with "Holy, Holy Holy!" You know what he did? He remembers his inadequacy. He remembers his deficiency. Isaiah points to the one thing that will, in his mind, keep him from accepting the challenge God is preparing to give him. "Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips..." (Isa.6:5) Isn't that exactly what we do? The King of the universe charges us with a task and we look at the very One who created us and say, "Hey, don't forget I have this issue! I'm ineligible." How completely ludicrous!
I love what happens next. "Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.” (Isa.6:6-7) God touches that one thing that Isaiah is worried about and says, "Taken care of. Now get to work."
So what is that one thing? When you sense His calling, what's the one thing the enemy points to? What's that past mistake or that personality trait or that physical characteristic or that bondage you can't shake. Listen to me! Our Father is able to purify you. He is fully aware of your shortcomings well before He calls you. Don't allow that one thing to keep you from embracing the call. Look past the one thing and scream, "Here am I. Send me!!!" and then get to work. I am praying for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment