I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. Now the one who plants and the one who waters are equal, and each will receive his own reward according to his own labor. For we are God's co-workers. You are God's field, God's building. 1Corinithians 3:6-9
There's a small, vacant lot next door to our apartment building. Nothing but rocks and sand really. We have a couple windows that overlook it and I have these dreams about planting a garden in it. Every time I walk by it I think about it. Raised bed over there, watermelons and cantaloupes over here, several rows of corn, some water irrigation... It's silly but I even get mad when folks throw litter in there, which happens very frequently.
With our recent rains something interesting has happened. Grass has sprung up all over that lot. In fact, it almost looks like a lawn. What was once a dusty, rock strewn parcel has become beautiful and green, verging on lush even. Apparently there was seed there all along. The only thing needed for it to germinate was some precipitation
As I was thinking about the work we're doing here that lot came to mind. Seed is often planted without seeing results. Years and years of seed sowing. That can be discouraging. However, watching new Life spring forth, seeing seed come to life that we had nothing to do, now that is encouraging. When discouragement comes we'll remember than lot. And pray for rain.

No comments:
Post a Comment