While watching the news, details about the terrorist attack in a Pakistani school broke my heart. More than 120 people, mostly children, died as a result of this atrocity. Children! Six men, with hearts full of hate and bombs strapped to their bodies, wanted to and DID make a statement. "The wickedness of man is great on this earth!"
Almost simultaneously I saw a picture of a group of elementary-aged children in America. This year for Christmas they wanted to support our family and our work among Syrian refugees. Children! Seventeen kids, with hearts of compassion and a little Christmas tree, wanted to and DID make a statement. "Love conquers all!"
I cry like a baby when I think of both. We mourn with those who mourn and rejoice with those who rejoice! O that the world was more child-like!
Almost simultaneously I saw a picture of a group of elementary-aged children in America. This year for Christmas they wanted to support our family and our work among Syrian refugees. Children! Seventeen kids, with hearts of compassion and a little Christmas tree, wanted to and DID make a statement. "Love conquers all!"
I cry like a baby when I think of both. We mourn with those who mourn and rejoice with those who rejoice! O that the world was more child-like!

No comments:
Post a Comment