Addendum from yesterday's post: 141 people have now died as a result of yesterday's atrocity in Pakistan. This afternoon I was privileged to spent some time with Wileed who lives in a village near Peshawar. We talked of the terrorism and loss of innocence and tragedy and change, two fathers who will hug their children even tighter tonight. I expressed my deepest condolences for his country's loss. What else could I do? My heart remains rent.
He asked though he didn't really expect an answer, "Why do men do such things?" I tried to talk about the goodness of God in the face of such evil. I tried. "God is good," was the conclusion I came to before we parted. "Al hamdulillah, He is good..." Wileed agreed, nodding his head rapidly in affirmation, "...and bad is bad!"
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:21
Romans 12:21
No comments:
Post a Comment